After tonight we have our 3 days off but "no rest for the weary"! Tuesday morning we're doing a news spot for a local channel with a 7:30am call time...ouch...then Wednesday we all have comps for Oklahoma! @ Moonlight. The night should be fun-filled, complete with a picnic, cast bonding, and seeing my college friend Clay dance his little heart out in the dream ballet.
This last week was a very interesting one. Our opening was almost cancelled because of rain. I felt like sending a massive memo to the pressure system saying "HEY! I don't know if you know this, but we are in SAN DIEGO! and its JULY!!!!" Fortunately we were precipitation free and dried off for the 8pm curtain and went on in all of our pajama glory.
With a week of shows and hangouts and multiple trips to Denny's, I'm learning the oddity of a performer's schedule (at least without a day job). I'm used to class in the morning and therefore getting myself to bed. Not a requirement here. So...my sleep schedule has been a little nutty. Even once I'm home, I'm so jazzed from the night its hard to tell myself to sleep. Even when I'm sleepy. Bizarre, I know. So let me share with you how this plays out. Take an instance from couple nights ago...
I'm home and uploading pictures from the night, circa 2:30 am. Sitting on the couch, I notice, WOW- with the light behind me, I'm totally making a shadow on the keyboard of my macbook! It's like a shadow puppet! Now, at this point all I can think is, I want to make better shadow puppets! Only one thing to do:

Now, I'm going to want to take a picture of this, so I need one hand for the camera. Finding good puppets with one hand is hard but I do my best, sorting through multiple websits to find the best options. Keep in mind, its about quarter till 3 now. I finally find some, get my fingers set, grab the camera, adjust the angle and *CLICK*. ( you can imagine my excitement to see how it turned out) I go to the slideshow setting to take a look and TO MY SHOCK! there is NOTHING IN THE PICTURE BUT THE KEYBOARD!
My thoughts were these- HOLY CRAP! Shadow puppets are like Vampires! They don't show up in pictures!... so not like the Twilight vampires, but like really old-school vampires, completely impervious to photography! About this time, the still lucid part of my brains says,
"Angelica, you idiot, your flash was on. Of course there's no shadow when you flash light onto it. Congratulations, you're dumb."
The sleepy side agrees. Dumb? Yes. Defeated? NO! I turned the flash off and got back to the task at hand...haha! get it? at hand. like the pupp....ok fine.
After these beauties were taken, all parts of my mind agreed I had best get to bed before I embarrassed myself in front of myself any further. Lights out @ about 3:30am. I might be coming up on 23, but I have not outgrown a bedtime, albeit self-imposed. Adulthood Challenge- Responsibility in Sleeping Habits: still working on it.
I realize this is not facebook, but I *like* this :)
ReplyDelete