Sunday, June 27, 2010

Head to Toe

Saturday marked two milestones in my journey to becoming a professional-type-dancing-actress-type-person...
1. I was made the Dance Captain of our show, and...
2. My very first LaDuca's arrived!
These may seem like trivialities, but for someone who's been pretending to be a legit dancer, these things are huge and so validating! (well, not so much the LaDuca's, I mean, I just bought them, which anyone can do, but they still make me feel fancier)

I'm so excited for my first professional job to include DC responsibilities! It's going to be such a learning experience but I feel like all of my choreographic experience is going be put to really good use. Overall goal: take it one day at a time and be as patient and clear as possible whenever working with the cast. Immediate goal: write some steps down! It is two weeks into rehearsals and I'm not a dancer who writes down her own choreo, so I have some catching up to do...yikes.

OK. and THE SHOES!
One of my lovely roomies from LA visited this weekend and brought them, having been delivered to the apt. They are beautiful and svelte and have that awesome new leather shoe smell...so in love! They may not get me to Broadway on their own, but they at least show that I'm serious enough about all this to make a real investment. Still unclear as to why these shoes are such a big deal...the customers match the quality. See if you recognize anyone on the homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment