Saturday, March 19, 2011

Putting the Pieces Together

Quite literally. But metaphorically is good too. The whirlwind of getting out of Arizona, seeing as many darlings as I could in LA, and returning to to New York left a lot of things feeling a little disjointed. Fortunately, with a little patience and intentionality, things come together. Things like getting back to auditions, reconnecting with city friends, settling into the city's pace of life, and well...building furniture. Thanks to my friends at Ikea (who are actually really crazy and Swedish and don't believe in captions) I am now the proud/terrified owner of some furniture. It means I live here. Weird.


      
VOILA! Still standing to this very day (a whole week later), holding clothes, and doin' its job.



Every night when I don't end up in a pile of wood on the floor I know I'm good at following directions. :)


And this table is now home to a really cute old school lamp and an old fashioned alarm clock I bought at Ikea that doesn't work. There's an undeniable satisfaction that came after the stress and drive to get all these things together and functional. Getting them there took a bit of muscle, and the fact that it worked is gratifying. Sometimes things really do come together on their own though, in mysterious and fun ways. One of these things is one blog away!

No comments:

Post a Comment