
Adulthood arrives in 19 days!
In honor of my impending graduation from the most impractically long name ever: The University of California Los Angels' School of Theater Film and Television's Ray Bolger Musical Theater Program, (Bolger Program @ TFT, UCLA for those in the know) I'M BLOGGING. This means I am taking myself very seriously.
I think blogging is an inherently vain activity. It assumes that whoever you are, you are interested in my mundane thoughts and experiences. It says, 'Hey world! I'm worth your online procrastination and sidetracks!' And maybe I am, but probably not.
I am about to do something very tricky though- after 17 years in formal education- I'm starting out on my own. Summer vacation is about to cease existing; those months will just be hotter than the rest of the year. School supplies will be termed 'office supplies', even though I won't have an office. And people will have ages to distinguish them; no one will be in my grade anymore. There's also this very interesting expectation of employment to deal with...oh wait, that's why I made this blog today...like literally...this was my avoidance of that issue- TADA!
So in the true blogging spirit: let the self-centerdness begin! These are the times in the life of one girl saying so-long to college and hello to the real world- one actress trying to start a career with great training and terrible odds-one believer following blindly the hand of the One that sees it all- and one perfectionist happily ignoring the grammar of her blog.
May these posts provide entertainment, distraction, and maybe a little insight into what happens in that first year of real life. OK, here we go.
I heard the University of California Los Angels is a very good school ;)
ReplyDeleteKidding. I can't wait to see where life and blogging take you! :)
Um. You're so vain.
ReplyDeletedear mr. fallon....
ReplyDeletelearned it from a master. fall and winter quarter of this year to be more specific