Monday, November 8, 2010

Jobs I Don't Have- Pt. 3

Did I have time for this post? No. Did I have too many auditions that I didn't book since the last one? Yes. Do I wish I had more fun/exciting/cool posts between Part 2 and Part 3 in this series? Yes. Will it keep me from publicly displaying my experiences of professional rejection? Heck-to-the-No.

Prather Casting
Audition Date: 10/12/10
Callback Date: 10/13/10
Location: Chelsea Studios, NY
Highlight: Falling out of my shoe while walking in, making a joke, and getting a laugh.
Lesson Learned: Sometimes I sing good. Sometimes that good singing gets me a callback!

Beauty & the Beast National Tour, vocal call
Audition Date: 10/13/10
Location: Ripley-Grier Studio, NY
Highlight: Waiting at the sign-in list for an hour to get the right number to fit my callback schedule...oh wait...do highlights always have to be good?
Lesson Learned: 20 bars in cut time passes for 8 bars in common time.

Miracle on 34th St. Tour
Audition Date: 10/15/10
Location: Nola Studios, NY
Highlight: Improvising my sweater into a tasteful singing outfit.
Lesson Learned: Being the best of the worst still won't get you the job.

Circa 21 Dinner Playhous, IL
Audition Date: 10/18/10
Location: Ripley-Grier Studios, NY
Highlight: Hearing from a very sassy man (regrading myself in stilettos and a pencil skirt) "AW HELL GIRL! Now, those are some legs!"
Lesson Learned: Twenty-somethings look 30, I can play high school. When twenty-somethings look 15, I cannot play high school.

The Wizard of Oz National Tour
Audition Date: 10/26/10
Callback Date: 10/27/10...1 month in the city
Location: Pearl Studios, NY
Highlight: Being asked to sing, then being asked to come back, then being asked to stay, then being asked to harmonize, then being asked to dance again, then being asked to partner. Could only have been improved by being asked to do the tour.
Lesson Learned: When it doesn't go your way, do what I do- blame something beyond your control. The only possible reason I was there till the end of the day and didn't book was because I was too tall. And if anybody tells me otherwise I'm a gonnnaaaa.....

Dear Edwina Tour/Off-Broadway
Audition Date: 10/27/10
Location: Pearl Studios, NY
Typed Out: Apparently I don't look 11. Weird.

Catch Me If You Can, Broadway
Audition Date: 10/28/10
Location: Pearl Studios, NY
Non-Eq dismissed: Even though they were looking for 'one tall dancer'. Life's unfair.

People in the Picture, Roundabout Theatre, NY
Audition Date: 10/28/10
Location: Ripley-Grier Studios, NY
Non-Eq dismissed: 2 for 2 for wasted hours.

Arcadia, Broadway Revival
Audition Date: 11/1/10
Location: Ripley-Grier Studios, NY
Not Seen: They got to #10 on the non-eq list...I was #20.

Wicked
Audition Date: 11/8/10
Location: Pearl Studios, NY
Highlight: The look on the drummer's face, a blend of confusion, mortification, disinterest.
Lesson Learned: Not so much a lesson, just the combo. Apparently every dancer in the city knows it. I am now just like every dancer in the city. Perfect.

As always, unfortunately...more to come : )

1 comment:

  1. oh dear angelica, your life is so exciting!!! i am so proud of you and all your fun experiences :) you are also uncommonly witty and i really love that

    ReplyDelete