Friday, June 18, 2010

A job I DO have!

My brief time as a college garduate has brought many changes, the greatest of which:
I AM AN EMPLOYED ACTRESS!
Ah, the novelty. It will last only a few brief weeks, but what a start to a life that will hopefully have many more occasions like this one! These are the basics:

The Show: The Pajama Game! according to Wikipediea...
The Pajama Game is a musical based on the novel 7½ Cents by Richard Bissell. It features a score by Richard Adler and Jerry Ross. The story deals with labor troubles in a pajama factory, where worker demands for a seven-and-a-half cents raise are going unheeded. In the midst of this ordeal, love blossoms between Babe, the grievance committee head, and Sid, the new factory superintendent.
In short, its about Pajamas an the good people who make them...and wear them too I guess.

The City: The fine home of a big zoo, street tacos, and Ron Burgandy.

The Venue: A massive ampitheater underneath lots of air traffic. This means that if a scene is happening and a plane gets too loud, just stop where you are and wait for it to pass. That's right folks- hold for the planes! I saw the opening of the season's first show this week and 10 in the first act, 5 in the second. Nothing quite like the glories of live theater, ay?


Home Base: Now here's where it gets good. My stipend might be peanuts. My role might be small. My friends in the area might number single digits...
but I am staying in a nicer place than I have since living with my parents and than I will for another dozen years. Some friends of my parents are letting me stay in a part of their house about the size of my apt. living space back in LA. It's only going down from here, but oh its great while it lasts!








(average nightly sleep...9hrs! take that tiresome college)











And here, yes here, is where the local blogging happens.

1 comment:

  1. oh my...and the job I have? Ruby's. If you decide to drive about 45 minutes north to San Juan Capistrano you too can experience the magic...?

    ReplyDelete